I am delighted to announce our partnership with the Shangri-La Hotel At The Shard in London. As a major part of the hotels new wellness initiative ‘Find Your Shangri-La’, we now offer a selection of fitness and wellbeing services to their guests.
Upon meeting the team at the Shangri-La several months ago, it was clear they shared our passion for healthy living, customer service excellence and a belief in the inner journey of fitness. Shangri-La, like my own company, is value led, which in my opinion is the only way luxury brands can survive and thrive in these disrupting times in our industries.
This partnership has taken months of work and collaboration. It has five main elements:
1) We have created a series of in-room follow-along videos including an energetic and athletic HIIT session led by me (it’s tough), a total body mobility workout, devised and presented by our in-house exercise physiologist Katelyn Faison, and a vinysa flow, chill and stretch session, led by our chief yogi and meditation queen, Sarah Hunt.
2) Early risers, can take advantage of the complimentary running club, available twice a week throughout the summer with one of our Personal Trainers, Gus Barton.
3) Any personal training, yoga, pre-natal care, strength training, boxing, toning or weight loss needs are covered by some of my London based Personal Trainers via a fitness menu available in each room. We can train guests at the hotel gym on the 52nd floor or do in-room visits. As with all our Personal Training services, discretion is always assured.
4) We have also collaborated to bring you a special Wellness Menu. Shangri-La’s Head Chef and our Dietician, Clare Gray, have created a selection of Asian inspired, nutrient dense, low salt, low sugar breakfasts, lunches and dinners. Dan Roberts Signature smoothies and energy balls are also available in Lang, the hotel’s artisan café on the ground floor of The Shard, as well as in their hotel restaurant. I recommend the Super Green Vegetable only smoothie, it’s sooo good! Highlights for the main are the cashew nut sate chicken with buckwheat noodles, fermented radish and coconut, or the fragrant poached sea trout with forbidden rice and foraged sea vegetables, all available in the Ting Restaurant. Having tasted as these menus I can confidently say that healthy eating has NEVER tasted this good!
5) Adding to our selection of international retreats, we now offer an urban retreat in London. The overnight wellness package at Shangri-La is a true wellness experience in the heart of the hustle and bustle of our fabulous, fair city. For more information on our offering head over to our London retreat page.
The partnership was launched to press and the public on June 21st. In the evening, I took part in panel discussion led by WellToDo London founder Lauren Armes. We discussed the mental side of fitness exploring the connection between body and mind, and the key role fitness plays in creating social connections. If you would like to see some of this discussion it can be found on our Facebook page. As part of the launch, journalists were treated to the new Wellness Menu whilst enjoying the oriental elegance of the Shangri-La’s most luxurious suite with unparalleled views of London. A great evening was had by all!
I wanted to personally share what we’ve been up to and thank the team behind the scenes, Ania, Laura and Ruta from the Shangri-La London and our Director of Partnerships, Amy. Thanks to their hard work, guests at one of the most iconic hotels in the world can enjoy a truly superior wellness and fitness experience.
The Dan Roberts Group is committed to inspiring healthy, happy and athletic living to more people around the globe. To stay up to date with news and events please join our newsletter of follow us on your favourite social media channels @teamdanroberts.